GAROA AWARDS is a unique festival that aims to promote independent filmmakers from all around the world. Each and every film will be judged very carefully by professional filmmakers. All films are treated with dignity and respect as a piece of art.
The festival was born in the city of São Paulo, the largest capital in Latin America, known for concentrating cultures from different countries of the world in the same city. And that is our intention with GAROA AWARDS.
The city has the nickname "TERRA DA GAROA". Garoa means light rain, a city that is always bathed by these delicate waters.
Submit your movie using the platform below:
1. All films that are not in English MUST have English language subtitles.
2. All entry fees are non-refundable
3. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted, with separated submission and separated entry fee that will accompany each entry.
4. The decisions of the festival selection committee and jury will be final and indisputable.
5. Films that are submitted MUST BE the entrant’s original work, and SHALL NOT infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required copyright permission, regarding music, sound, images and etc. presented in their film. Therefore filmmakers MUST have all rights associated with their films and allow “GAROA AWARDS” to use clips for publicity purposes, including uploading a clip, trailer, Poster and/or Image online.
6. By Submitting your project to GAROA AWARDS, you allow our Festival to use press materials from the film (such as still photos, posters, trailers and clips) for promotional purposes in our website and social media. Therefore, all films selected for the Festival grant to GAROA AWARDS the rights to use press materials from the films for promotional purposes.
7. GAROA AWARDS organizers reserve the rights to change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, awards & categories without prior consent or information to contestants.
8. We do not require premiere status.
9. There won't be any public screenings of the selected films, all films will be evaluated on private screenings by a jury of filmmakers with B.A. in Cinema.
10. The competition is international and the submission allows the projects to compete on every competitive category, and according to the evaluation of the specialized jury, the nominees and winners will be announced on our website and official social media.
11. We only accept short films (films between 1 and 40 minutes of length). The submission categories are: Narrative Short Film, Student Film, Experimental Film, Micro Short, Animation Film and Documentary.
The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the “GAROA AWARDS - Monthly Film Festival of São Paulo”. The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer/right holder to enter this film in the “GAROA AWARDS”.
After a film has been selected for the film competition, the filmmaker is notified via email only. The selected films will be published on the festival website and social media. All films which are selected/nominated/award winner on the competition will be informed only by emails & listed on the festival website and social media. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non-selected films. The decision of the selection committee will be final and indisputable.
© 2020 por LUK.